"To enrich lives through the joy of teaching and playing stringed instruments."
Take a Look at ASTA's 2016 Conference Session Descriptions!
Come join us in warm and sunny Florida for the 2016 National Conference!
Silent Auction: 70 Items to Celebrate ASTA's 70th Year!
Click for more information on ASTA's Silent Auction at the 2016 ASTA National Conference. Ready to donate?
ASTA Announces Its "Be Part of the Orchestra!" Program
If you had highly effective recruiting materials, do you think you could get five more students for orchestra each year? Click here.
Hot Off The Press!
Available now is the updated 2015/2016 ASTACAP Handbook.
- Apply now to the 2016 National Solo Competition - Bowed Strings. Applications are due November 12, 2015. Click here for more information.
- Apply for the ASTA Institutional String Education Award
- George Bornoff scholarships available for young teachers to attend our National Conference!
- Do you know an outstanding K-12 school string teacher? We need your nominations!
- We need your remarkable member nominations for Kudos program. August's Kudos Award to Mary Wagner!
- Don’t forget to register your Student Chapter and apply for awards!
"ASTA Standards for Successful School String/Orchestra Teachers" now online
- Hot off the ASTA presses! Lucien Capet and Superior Bowing Technique book
- String Research Journal, Volume V available now
- Order your ASTA String Curriculum
- Shop for ASTA at Amazon
Congratulations to our three 2015 CodaBows for America recipients!
- Congratulations to most recent Potter’s Violin Instrument Award winners!
- Senate passes bipartisan Every Child Achieves Act (see ASTA Advocacy Brief)